Does the weekend make it hard for you to stick with your healthy habits? 7 tips for a healthier weekend
Many people consider fitness and nutrition to be the two-headed dragon when it comes to peak health and performance, we tend to forget about the third - and it is incredibly important - sleep.
A quality sleeping routine is so important, just as important as consistent exercise and proper nutrition.
Without a good night’s rest, you increase the risks of experiencing negative side-effects like poor-performance, slower cognition, mood swings, hormone fluctuation, weight gain, depression, and more!
An improved sleeping routine can provide immediate benefits!
In today's digital age, workaholics and the “grind-life” are often put on a pedestal. However, this attitude can lead to poor sleep cycles, lack of rest and recovery, and, ultimately - burnout.
Instead, we need to flip the switch on what is truly important so that we can tackle life with a new level of productivity and positivity!
• Less stress
• Better mood
• Improved performance
• Weight maintenance
• Better brain function
• Improved mood
• Lower health/blood markers
The seven benefits listed above aren’t all, this list can go on!
• Reduce light exposure before bedtime from electronics, like TV or your phone (Hey, Excel friends sound familiar?!)
• Avoid overconsumption of caffeine during the day, set a cut off time - I try not to go past 2 o’clock if possible!
• Go to bed at the same time and wake up at the same time every day (consistency is key!) - check out this website for a neat sleep timer!
• Set your bedroom temperature to an optimal temperature
• If you’re a workaholic, schedule your day to END in the early evening, this is especially important if you are a remote employee currently! downtime and unwinding are key to a restful sleep!
• Optimize your lifestyle - exercise regularly, eat a balanced diet
The importance of sleep is undeniable by looking at the key role it plays in an optimal, healthy lifestyle. Study after study continues to pop-up to further verify this fact.
If you haven’t yet considered it to be a crucial aspect of health, hopefully, this little read has helped you out! If nothing else, don’t become overwhelmed or concerned. Simply choose two or three tips from the list above and give it a try.
You’ll thank yourself later!